Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Three Billboards and Three Commitments

Kimball, breakfast, then a quick run to WinCo and the 99-cent store. Showered and had a early lunch of veggies, then met Nancy at 1:10 at the Regency for Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.
Wow. It was incredible, about as innovative as it could be--it blew us away and if Frances McDermond doesn't get an Academy Award for this, there's no justice.  After, we went to The Cave for champagne (Nancy) and Chardonnay (Mimi), plus their wonderful, made-on-the-premises potato chips. I had not one, but two glasses of wine, and we were there for a good two hours, talking and talking. We agreed to make a movie and The Cave a regular Tuesday thing--yay! (It was close to 5:00 when we parted, so I didn't get my town walk in, but I'm okay with that.) I wrote on Facebook that I had just seen Three Billboards and added simply.  "Wow. Wow. Wow." 
This morning I have a VCS meeting at 10:30 and am still mulling over whether to continue in this thing or not. We'll see how it goes today.  Besides that, I have three other commitments coming up soon: the docent stint at Dudley House on Sunday (must study my script); the 17th century Dutch woman impersonation at the Maritime Museum in a few weeks (must research, then write and memorize a presentation); and an eventual Toastmasters presentation (am formulating a seven-minute talk on poetry).
It's funny: Those three entail a lot more work and thought than VCS, yet I've committed myself to them whole-heartedly and will accept other such activities with pleasure. That's telling me something, I guess.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Glad to know you liked Three Billboards...I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...