Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Ho-Hum

Ho-hum, dull day.
We used to write that in our diaries when we were kids, if nothing unusual happened. Well, nothing unusual--or very interesting--happened yesterday and I expect more of the same until Friday.
I read the comments about my speech (I didn't want to look at them at the meeting)  and they were very laudatory. That's nice, but it's more helpful to be told something I can improve. Tony said I had said "ah" sixteen times and I appreciate that because I'll be more aware. There were a few other suggestions, all of which I'll consider.
Ran into Sharon at the library. She's been expecting the birth of a great-grandchild momentarily, but he/she hasn't come yet. Speaking of babies, my nephew, Tim, had his first biological child the other day, on his wife's fortieth birthday; it's her first, also. (Tim had adopted his first wife's son, Cal, who's now in his late twenties.) Tim is fifty, but is not from the oldest first dad in our family. My own oldest son is the champ: He was 54 when Mr. K. was born. My little great nephew, Tim's boy, will be named Declan (an Irish name) Carl; Carl was Tim's Dad's name.
Debra M. called and we commiserated about the Council for Seniors.  I'm hovering on the edge of giving up my vice chair position--it may not be worth the aggravation.
I received a letter from my doctor's office that said--I think--no malignancy was found via my mammogram. The thing was so sloppily put together,  I wasn't even sure what it was telling me. How in the hell do they train their office staff?  Or I should ask, "Why DON'T they train their office staff?"  When I see Dr. J. next month, I'm going to bring it and complain.
Cooked up salmon and mushrooms for dinner, along with two halves of winter squash. Watermelon and blueberries for later--fresh, of course.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...