Saturday, January 06, 2018

Goodbye, Betty

We walked Kimball, but Betty said she was winded about half a mile in and sat on a bench while I continued, then came back for her. Once we got home, I changed into a lighter outfit; luckily, it was warmer by then. Betty decided not to go to T.O.P.S. with me, as she had an enormous amount of items--suitcases, boxes, bags, and so on--to pack and get ready for Steve to come pick her up.
Got to T.O.P.S. more quickly than I thought I would, but it took about 20 minutes, more than twice as long as it had to SCAN.  The place itself was a nice room, with a table and chairs. The problem is that there's virtually no parking nearby.  I parked 'way down the stree, but I'm a walker and have no problem with it. However, several members have difficulty walking, especially Sharon.
But--happy day!--the question is moot, anyway. Leader Lennie (for Lenora) announced that, starting in February, Trinity Lutheran will allow us to meet in their gathering room--yay! It's probably less than ten minutes from me, right across from Dudley House, and there's an adequate parking lot.  That settles it--I'm not going to switch to the Johnson Avenue meeting, after all. I was pleased to have lost another 1.8 pounds, as I had felt I gained. That brings me to 133.6, with a total loss of 47.7 pounds--fifty, here I come!
Got home and Betty and I chatted, while she worked on her luggage. I took her out for a farewell drive, then Steve came about 1:00.  We said goodbye and off she went. I immediately high-tailed it into town, parked at the museum, and walked to the library.  After reading for a bit, I left--in a heavy fog (not mental, but actual)--and drove to WinCo where I stocked up on goodies, such as spinach, frozen cherries, and so on.
I was pleased to have Betty here, but I welcome back my routine. It might bore anyone else, but I shaped it, I live it, and it's just right for me.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...