Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Crapola

I continue to marvel at how much crapola I had--emphasis on the "had," because I'm making real progress.
There were two large containers of LETCO stuff, in addition to what's in the guest room closet. Okay, I want to keep one copy of the programs, ads, and so on for shows I was in, but do I really need the scripts?  Some of them are very long; for instance, Hedda Gabler is comprised of four wordy acts, so the scripts are heavy. Ditto with Our Town and several others. I discarded the printed-out ones, including three versions of Riders to the Sea, which can easily be gotten free off the Internet.
Whittled down, honed, and cut, until what was left was a shoe-box sized container for paper items and a smallish basket for props.
Went through more mountains of pictures and I actually cut apart those bound in little albums and consolidated into one box. However, that joined a multitude of others, also filled to bursting.
After lunch, I loaded up the car with thrift store donations, reluctantly adding the Phillies doll Joan H. had given Pat years ago. Put in useful things, too, such as serving dishes and a mirror, plus dozens of superfluous things--notably, the baskets I can't seem to resist--and picture frames, at least twenty of them.
Dropped them off, mailed the boys' Valentine cards, then headed to to Shop-Rite.  Made a yummy dinner of stir-fried garlic, onions, and ground meat, added a baked potato, and enjoyed.
Acting class today, then I'll meet "The Sparklers" for lunch.    

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...