Thursday, February 12, 2015

Going Through

Yes, indeed, more of more.  I spent almost the whole day on some of the individual boxes of photos that I had already gone through once.  I realize this is anathema in the world of clearing out, and rightly so, but I wasn't able to really purge earlier and I did a better job this time.
Not a perfect one, though.  I'm sure there are plenty more things I could discard, but we're talking about my 55-year-old son's handmade birthday card to Mommy when he was in Kindergarten. We're talking about a grandmother (albeit about the most active one I've ever known) who drew a lovely picture of the family when she was six. We're talking a mature woman, engaged to be married, who sent her Daddy a Valentine she made herself.  We're talking a father of two girls, ten and six, who was a year younger than the youngest one when he made a "book" with sketches on each page.
Get rid of them?  I'd rather get rid of my diamond engagement ring.
Didn't wallow in nostalgia all day, though.  First, had breakfast with Aline, who came in before I dropped her off at work to see the latest video of the Tokyo Tot; she loves him.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...