Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Whatta Lousy Day

Frustration, thy name is Rosemary!
Or something.  Had a generally frustrating, not to say infuriating day.  It started okay with our walk, then exercise with Anne Marie at 9:30.
Incidentally, these are very, very strenuous.  I'm pretty healthy and active, but I had to modify a bit to accommodate my slight balance problem. I don't think this negates the benefits, though, especially as it simply means I might rest my hand lightly on a chair. Anne Marie includes weights (I'm the only one in the class using a three-pounder; the others use two), stretchies; knee-lifts; arm, leg, waist and even wrist-oriented routines; constant marching in place (you should always be in some kind of movement during the hour); and a large green ball.  All this is done at a rapid pace while various lively songs and music play on Anne Marie's machine. Was this the frustrating part?  Oh, no, I love it.
That came later: I again tried to get Chuck, the crappy car guy, and finally got through. When I asked for the name and number of the mechanic he wants to use (so he'll pay half), we were cut off before the number was completed and it took more trying to get him again.
Well, I won't even go into particulars.  I finally got to the mechanic, but I don't know how we're going to work this out.  He has to look at the car and see what's wrong, then order the part, which may mean I'd have to leave it there, and so on and on.  I'm beginning to think I should just take it somewhere around here and eat the cost.
In the meantime, my Tracfone ran out of minutes and I had a horrendous time, both on-line and on the phone, buying more.
In the meantime meantime, brother Larry called to say he'll be in Tyson Corners, Virginia, to meet up with our other two brothers, Betty, and me.  Talked to Betty later and she'll book a room; I'll look up the train and so on.
Continuing my sorry saga, I spent a fair amount of time getting an appointment with a dermatologist.  You'd think that would be an easy task, but it isn't. It seems all skin doctors on the eastern seaboard (or in the country or all over the globe) are now under the DermOne (used to be Accredited Dermatology when my husband went there regularly) umbrella and it takes ages to get an appointment.  I finally did in Galloway, but not until April.
To top off the day from Hell, I drove to the library at 5:00 for our dinner date only to have Aline tell me we had actually made it for today.
Well, it was a fitting conclusion, I guess; it's got to get better from here.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...