Monday, February 23, 2015

Forever Job Yet Again

My forever job is stretching on forever, it seems.  Hauled out four shoe box-sized containers and eight large albums, filled with pictures.  Went through all, but not very carefully; that would take a month.  Dismantled and discarded the albums, bundled the pics, and made piles of the things I want to send my children.
I did make a major find: A letter I had written to my father in about 1942 when I was a tiny tot.  (He was a civil engineer and traveled at times for "the war effort.")  It's quite charming and I put in on Facebook, then went back to the Eternal Task.
Took time out to construct a big salad, cut up and nuke broccoli, and put dried peas, ham, and seasonings in the slow cooker for soup.  I wasn't even aware we were having such balmy weather--high of 43, I think--but just had to get out late in the day.
Drove to Manahawkin, but didn't get out of the car.  Instead, just stopped at Acme right here in River City for a few items.  Spoke to Betty and we made a date for lunch today.  After my doctor's appointment, I want to look at shoes at Boscov's, then we'll meet at Outback.
Got a message back from my pal, Grey, whom I had filled in about the tiresome meeting on Saturday.  He wrote that he's approached a number of agents about his book--which I'm determined to finish, although it's only on this p.c. and I still don't know how to get it on my tablet.  Since it hasn't been published, it can't be added to my Kindle.
Enjoyed my Sunday virtual visit with Ellen.  It was fun to see her fiancee behind her, busily preparing dinner for both of them.  One day, some day, I'll pack my bags and leave for Heaven...
...Ventura, that is.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...