Saturday, February 07, 2015

I Will Prevail

Pretty intense day.  In the morning, I went over pictures, a huge mountain of them.  They're mostly of my "issue," as they say, plus their issue, plus theirs, and my mother's and, it seems, everybody else'es on the Eastern seaboard.  I was actually able to throw some away, but there's plenty more and I got most into boxes.
Went through a big pile of old "historic" newspapers--Kennedy's assassination, man on the moon, Phillies winning the pennant and the like--threw away some, kept others. I was surprised at how very large they are, probably twice as big as today's papers. In between, I changed my sheets, washed those, re-did the bed, swept the garage, showered and washed my hair.
Spent some time honing the monologues I'm having my class do on Tuesday.  I want to introduce "beats," blocking, and other theatre terms to them.
Met Betty at Italian Gourmet and we had a nice lunch and chat.  I had brought her a number of things I thought she might want, including a lemon and some pictures of her poor Jay.  We talked about him and others.
Stopped at Santori's for Romaine, tomatoes, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli.  (Had the latter for early dinner, plus what was left of my Greek plain yogurt.)
Got home about 2:00 and went to the bank to put the info on my solar panels in the safety deposit box.  Swung around to the library and dropped off a number of magazines for their free box.
I had loaded up my car on Wednesday with thrift store items and I drove there when they opened at 3:00.  A nice man helped me unload and take in an enormous assortment of stuff, just a fraction of what I've already donated and what's to come.
Not sure why I feel as energetic and buoyant as I do. It may be because I've been physically active, lifting and moving and so on.
Also, I have a goal and little by little, day by day, I'm working to get to it.  It's a big job, but I'm chipping away at it every single day. I will prevail.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...