Saturday, February 21, 2015

Trying, Unsuccessfully, to Ignore Something

I'm trying desperately not to comment on the weather.  Nothing could be duller, blander, more boring, more mundane, more indicative of a mind awash in slush, more...more...oh, I can't help it:
IT'S SO DAMN COLD!
We actually turned back after about three-quarters of our walk (our usual route is a mile and a half). We were bundled up, of course, but our cheeks and foreheads were freezing and our fingers, even with warm gloves, were tingling.
Okay, I got that out of my system.
Regardless of the aforementioned, I spent most of the day out and about. After going through the mountains of memorabilia about my oldest child, I packed up the pound or so left (his baby book, pictures, report cards from first grade to high school, his cartoons, some greeting cards he sent and received, and so on and on), then went to staples for a large padded envelope.  Got foodstuff at Shop-Rite, then picked up this and that at various venues. Stopped at the P.O. to see how much sending to Japan would be.  Twenty-six bucks, not too bad, but I took a few of the cardboard report cards out to lighten it and shaved four bucks off. Secured it and sent off.
Spent the rest of the day revising Burning Bright, but now I'm having second thoughts about bringing it for a reading today.  It's eleven pages long and there are ten characters, so that's a lot of printing to do.  I may just bring A Conversation in Summer, which went over big in my acting class, instead.    
  

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...