Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Bye to Boy

Said goodbye to my baby boy about 9:30 am, off to Newark Airport for a plane to Texas.  He left a large box I'll send to Singapore, along with much too much money for postage.
What a great time we had!  I'd be more down in the dumps (one of my mother's sayings) if I didn't know he'll probably be back in April or June.  I didn't mope at all after he left, but tidied up a bit (he has two servants--oh, I forgot, "domestic helpers"--to do that at home), then looked at Amazon for a present for step-great-grandson, Jason's, birthday on Saturday.  I found a possibility, but decided to drive to Wal-Mart and K-mart to check if the prices were the same.  Couldn't find what I wanted at either, so will probably have it sent.
Home, I called R.E. agent, Walter, (who's my neighbor and husband of my walking partner, Susan) to see if I could consult him about renting, rather than selling, my house.  "Sure, please come right over," and I did.
I was delighted to hear that rentals in over-55 communities are in demand in southern Jersey, and that those in Sunrise Bay are at a premium.  In fact, there hasn't been one for five years. Happy day! That means it might not be too difficult getting good renters and it would add to my money income, so I can afford a better place in Ventura.
Got a call from longtime friend, Jeanne P. and we had a good chat. She's on her way to Florida, the gadabout, to join her guy, John.
Got up this morning to--annoyingly--more snow.  I'd rather not skip our walk and I have lots of errands to run, so I hope it's the crunchy type.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...