Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Lunch and Mary H.

Full day, all righty.  Walked our walk, breakfasted, showered, and arrived at my doctor appointment at 10:00.
Only problem was, it was scheduled for 11:00.  I was annoyed with myself, but took the time to deposit Mike's post office refund at BOA.  Returned in time to stop at Living Word, conveniently next to the doctor's office, to pick up a pair of driving gloves.
The church sells gloves?  No, but its thriving thrift store, where I donate regularly, does and these suit me fine.  I guess one advantage of living in a small town--there aren't a lot--is the close proximity of things.
As I thought she would, NP Dawn wants me to consult a dermatologist about the rough patch on my nose.  Will do.  We had a nice chat otherwise; she told me that her company, Margate Players, will do Chicago in the summer.  Dawn has lost twenty pounds, hoping to get the "Roxie" role and she looks great.
Drove directly to Shore Mall, but decided to wait at Outback for Betty and go to Boscov's after lunch.  I was early, she was slightly late, but we got there.  Food was good, although the service was indifferent.
We then visited Mary H. at Meadowview Rehab, where she's recovering from a bad broken ankle.  After an hour or so, we said goodbye and I went back to Boscov's on my shoe quest.  Wouldn't you know, there wasn't a lot left and by this time, it was after 4:00. Looked around, but didn't see anything, and departed .
Got on the Parkway--and sat for a good hour.  There had been an accident, an electric sign read, and the back-up was miles long.  It finally broke and off I went.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...