Friday, February 20, 2015

The Continuing Story

And the saga continues...
Walked as usual, then talked to Dennis R. about the possibility of him being my "agent" when I rent the house.  He's retired and declined, but suggested Bill G., whom I will ask.  Dennis was kind enough to put the enormous box in my car and I drove off to pick Aline up for breakfast.
After, I went to the P.O. (Aline had no problem at all waiting in the warm car.  One of the multitude of things I like about her is that she's so easy-going.  Sometimes I wish I was, but that's silly, like wishing I was a turtle in a swamp--it just isn't me.)
Finally got the damn box sent--priority, not global express, so it was only $173--but I won't rest easy until it's actually there. Dropped Aline off at work, then stopped home to get directions to the Northfield Library.  I figured as long as I was in Atlantic County, I'd make a dry run there in anticipation of our P & P meeting on Saturday. While there, I checked and saw a message from Mike asking about the box.  I was about to respond when he called (he's nothing if not persistent).  I told him what was going on, then drove to the Tuckerton Library to meet Bruce B. and hand over the costumes the library is donating to Our Gang Players.  I added some I had kept since Arsenic, two years ago.
Finally started over to Absecon about noon.  Walked in, asked for Postmaster Mike, but no, he was out for Chinese New Year.  At least, I thought, the fifty-mile round trip won't be for nothing, as I'll scout out the Northfield Library.  Following directions from Google, I circled around here and there for roughly thirty minutes and found myself in Somers Point by way of Shore Road.
Well, I won't continue this mournful tale; enough to say, I finally found that the route is Tilton to New to Mill Road; I then drove home.  Got in about 3:30, grabbed some salad and spent time working on Burning Bright.  
I'll call Postmaster Mike and see if he'll be in on Saturday. If so, I'll go before the meeting.  Only complication--well, of course, there's a complication, this is my life--Kathy De V., who's in our theatre company (she died in Steel Magnolias), e-mailed me, mistakenly thinking P & P is for writers in general (she's writing a book, as who isn't?).  I explained, but offered to take her on Saturday. Haven't heard back from her, but if she wants to go, and Postmaster Mike will be in, she'll have to go early with us.
I'm actually simmering down a bit.  I'm going to just go back today or go tomorrow--I'm not going to agonize over it anymore.

No comments:

Monday

Set off for the mall and Target at 10:30. I got some staples (plant milk, blueberries, grapefruit, etc.), but decided to hold off buying the...