Monday, February 16, 2015

Last Full Day

Mike's last full day here.  We awoke to one of those lousy winter wonderlands--so pretty and I can't wait to see the end of them--with maybe a couple inches of snow and heavy winds.
Of course, I got an "advisory" which, in bold type, practically gave readers to understand that the entire eastern seaboard would be buried until spring, if not blown into the stratosphere first.  I'm sure the media hyped it up, too, but happily, neither Mike nor I would dream of watching what passes for news. Most likely, the sheep, who seem increasingly unable to corral a stray thought of their own, let alone question anything on television, were mostly huddled in their homes, praying for deliverance--.
(Okay, okay, the preceding is partly tongue-in-cheek.)
On our way north to see my friend and her husband, we stopped at Acme for yet more pharmaceuticals to send to Singapore (I'm beginning to think he's a dealer).  Got there fine on roads completely clear and dry and had a great visit.  After much talk and catching up, we went to La Piazza for excellent Italian.  Heard the good news that Mike may be back in the spring--April or June--and said goodbye to his sister and bro-in-law.
No problem going home, where we had a good Skype visit from Ellen, my Sunday treat.  We discussed what my children all think is a good plan: for me to rent, rather than sell my house.  Yes, yes, so much easier and simpler and it will increase my income enough to live in California elsewhere than under a bridge.  Played gin rummy again and again, the scores were lop-sided.
I think Mike cheats!  

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...