Thursday, January 31, 2013

Quints

Got to the Barnegat Recreation Center about 8:30, plenty early enough to set up for the Dionne Quint program.  The handyman, Rick, set up the room with the projector and tables and  I asked him to add two tables in the front so I could set out my artifacts.
Geez, I have a lot of them.  I had brought tablecloths and plate holders, so I could make a tasteful display and it looked good.  After a little trepidation at the beginning--they couldn't get the disc with pictures to advance--Rick saved the day and I got rolling.
The audience, all elderly and about 90 percent women, were very attentive and appreciative.  It was fun to again go through the sad saga of the quints and I was glad the essential points came back to me (considering I hadn't boned up very well beforehand.  Said my goodbyes and left.
My home phone is still not recording messages and I got a cell call from Aline on the way to Barnegat.  Dear friend, she just called to wish me luck.  We also made a date for lunch tomorrow--why waste a call?
Rehearsal last night, which went well.  Tonight, Chris (my "sister") and I have a night off, as we're not in the segment being gone over.
   

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...