Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Nice One And Comcast

Turned out to be a nice day, albeit is didn't start out that way.  Opening the front door to go over to Susan's at 7:00, I was dismayed to see the white stuff on the ground.  Wasn't much--maybe an inch--but parts of the street and the pavement were icy and falling is a major fear of mine.  After testing it a bit, I decided discretion was the better part of valour (why can't I resist these hoary cliches?  Including "hoary") and told Susan to go on without me.  It had burned off by the time I picked up Aline at 11:30 and we drove to my stompin' grounds, Atlantic County.  A. suggested we go to The Golden Corrral for lunch and after a bit of hesitation, I agreed.
This was a major mistake.  I naturally had much too much to eat--even felt uncomfortable after--although I must say, it was several cuts above the usual.  I had samplings of pulled pork, barbequed chicken, and meatballs, all of which were hot, nicely cooked, and very good.  The salads, veggies, and desserts were well done, too.  Still, once in a while is okay, but I need  to stay away from these circles of temptation for the most part.
Went to Produce Junction for Brussel sprouts, mushrooms, and broccoli, then to Wal-Mart to exchange something.  We were home by 3:30, as I thought son Mike was going to contact me regarding the slowness of this machine.  (Actually, I can live with it.)  He didn't, though, and it ws relatively late for him in London, and we can do it another time. 
That big bully, Comcast, is at it again.  I realize they're dedicated to making their customers' lives miserable, but why pick on me?  Once again, I discovered that they're intercepting my calls after one ring and sending them to voice mail on this computer.  Of course, I never asked them to do that, but my role is to pay the king's ransom they charge  every month and keep quiet.  Talked to somebody there and he said blah, blah, blah, and it'll take 72 hours to fix.  Hell is too good for them, so may they be doomed to spend eternity listening to the Marine Corps Band.

No comments:

Tuesday

As has been happening lately, I spent an age dealing with R.E. agent, Kim, and requirements  surrounding the house. I got the quarterly wate...