Saturday, January 26, 2013

Snow

The snow started about 4 pm and by the time I was due to pick Aline up at 6:15, about an inch had fallen.  I dressed for the Beans, Biscotti, and Broadway show, but wasn't at all sure we'd make it.
We didn't.  It took me several passes before I even found Aline's house--and I've been there dozens of times--and I reluctantly decided I just didn't want to risk driving to Manahawkin.  As  long as I was there, I stopped in for a cup of tea and pound cake and we had a good chat.  Aline was very understanding about scrubbing our excursion, especially as I suggested we go tonight instead.
So that's our plan: We'll go to Players & Playwrights in Ventnor at 1:00, have an early dinner after at Italian Gourmet, then go to the show at 7:00.  Let's hope nothing more comes drifting down from the sky.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...