Thursday, January 24, 2013

Busy

Busy day, but it was a good one. Cut our walk a bit short so I could get to Barnegat by 9:00 to meet Joan B. and test the setup for the Dionne Quintuplet program.  She was a bit late--car trouble---which was okay because while I was waiting, I got a call from brother Jim in Virginia.  He's had pneumonia, but is recovering.  Also spoke to sis-in-law, Therese, who thanked me for my note after the death of her sister.  I told them Frank, Betty, and I will be visiting them during our Baltimore trip in April.
Joan came in and the custodian, Rick, set up the projector.  I was dismayed to realize I couldn't control the progression of the pictures.  We decided that Joan would sit next to the machine and push the button each time I indicated I needed the pictures advanced.  Not ideal, but I'll live with it.  Incidently, unexpected snafus like this point up the exact reason I didn't want to wait until just before the program to test out the equipment.
Went home to shower and got to my podiatrist appointment early.  Appointment was for 2:15 and I cooled my heels until 3:00.  Now, I tend to be vocal about my annoyance when I'm kept waiting like this and I complained to the woman on the desk.  Roger, the podiatrist, must have heard me, because when I finally was called, he apologized profusely. I don't think I've ever had a doctor do that before--office staff, yes, but not the doc.
Anyway, we immediately established a warm rapport and had a ball talking about hiking, the theatre, and the recent hurricane.  And oh, yes, he removed my callus and I can walk with no problem at all.  What a relief.
Rehearsal at 6:00.  Eric M., who plays the bad 'un of three nephews was there and what a neat guy. Very tall, with a big, booming voice, he's a funeral director in Forked River.  Unfortunately, Glen R., who plays Dr. Einstein, didn't show and according to director Lou, didn't bother to call him, either.  That bodes ill this late in the game--we open in one month less a day, fer cryin' out loud--so I hope the kid shapes up.
Rehearsal again this evening and Aline and I are supposed to go to the Our Gang fundraiser, Beans, Biscotti, and Broadway tomorrow night.  Oh, I fervently hope the snowstorm predicted doesn't materialize.    

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...