Sunday, January 06, 2013

Lunch With Marilyn

Got to my lunch date with Marilyn M. early--the usual for me--after stops at the post office and library.  As ever, it was a pleasure to be with her and we caught up with each other happily.  We go a long way back--it's been about 35 years since we met at Rider and although Marilyn's twenty years younger than I am, we've always had a close rapport. 
Yesterday, she and I cooked up a little scheme concerning a friend of hers, whom I remember when he was at Rider, and my friend, Louise, from P. & P.  They're both single, Jewish, and "looking," so Marilyn and I thought we'd do a little match-making.  Whether that will ever pan out, considering they live at least fifty miles apart, is anybody's guess, but it's fun to speculate.
I just realized I had/have lunch dates yesterday (Marilyn), today (Betty), tomorrow (Pat M.), and Tuesday (Red Hats), and I have meetings on Wednesday and Thursday.  I also committed myself to making an apple pie for the RH luncheon.  Must check ingredients and start thinking about that.
    

No comments:

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...