Friday, January 11, 2013

Meeting And Script

Spent the morning washing, chopping, and otherwise preparing veggies. I've gone out for lunch so often lately, I just haven't have a chance to use a lot of them and I didn't want them to go to waste.  Made a big salad, most of which I had for lunch, cut up broccoli, put cauliflower and seasonings to simmer in the crock pot, and stir-fried ahead of time onions, peppers, and mushrooms, later adding shrimp for dinner.
Called brother Frank in California about the lamp in the study.  He barely remembered giving it to Mom--she's been gone more than 13 years--but expressed a wish to have one himself.  I'll look it up on line and see if I can find out information for him.
Had a Breeze meeting at Virginia's at 2:00.  There, I mentioned I'll be easing off a bit when it comes to writing pieces, considering I'll be busy with Arsenic.  Left early because somebody was coming over to look at the halogen lamp in the study.  Bulb was removed and I took it immediately to Good Friend Electric in Manahawkin where evidentally, they matched it. We'll see when it's replaced this afternoon.
While in Manahawkin, went to Kohl's and finally found ear warmers to replace the two I lost.  Went to the Stafford Arts Center to pick up my script--yay!--and had to wait a half hour for director Lou M. to arrive.  Got the schedule for rehearsals, all at the Arts Center, which is a drive for me, but at least not as far as the school in Barnegat where auditions were held.
Home, I picked up the mail and was amazed to receive a gift certificate for Dockside from Regina and Mike B., the couple I profiled for The Breeze last time.  Geez, what a surprise, but how nice of them.  Think I'll call to thank and suggest the three of us go to lunch next week.  

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...