Thursday, January 03, 2013

Errands And Such

As I suspected she would, the nurse practitioner referred me to a podiatrist.  Called him and have an appointment for the twenty-third.  I mentioned to the NP that I wanted to resume hiking and she asked about the outdoor club; said she and her husband would love to join one.  Then I referred her--to the OC web site.
Got a slew of errands run, which included stops at our clubhouse, Acme, the library, the bank, and the thrift store in Manahawkin.  I'm determined to clean up and clear out and wanted to be sure the latter is taking donations.  While there, I bought four Living and Simply Simple (or whatever) mags.  Will look them over, then donate them back.  I have such an overabundance of things to read, this seems more practical than subscribing to something else.  Wouldn't you know, though, that I bought two books at the library's on-going book sale.  Darn, I'm an addict.
Later in the day, caught up with friends and family on the phone.  Called Marge to see if she was up for a visit.  She was, so I walked over and we had a good chat.  It's always nice to talk to her, one of the few people I know with whom I can share thoughts and feelings--especially the latter--with perfect honesty.
Called my friend, Libby B., and we had a long, long talk (with Libby, the talk is always long).  She has stage 4 cancer that manifested itself initially in the lungs.  On a round of chemo now, but says radiation was the worst.  She was frank about the fact--she said--that it's incurable, but can be managed.
Betty called in the evening and we filled each other in on our exciting adventures, including exotic travel, erotic romances, and--uh, uh, "despotic" something or other?
Forget it, ain't nuthin' much going on with either one of us.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...