Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Lunch With Red Hats

Yet another luncheon in a long line of them.  Went to Jo G.'s with my RH group; food was excellent and my pie went over very big.  I swear, people no longer know what homemade food tastes like--I mean made, excuse the phrase, "from scratch."  (I always thought that idiotic expression was horribly bogus folksy.  It was never used when I was a kid, at least not in my area and I have the idea it was concocted in the busy brain of some advertising shill.)  Because homemade has become so unusual, people--especially children, I'm afraid--have been corrupted by artificial vanilla, ersatz whipped cream, and other commercial bastardizations of food are natural and normal.  They aren't. 
Anyway, the lunch was fun. Took Lucille S. home (about ten doors down from Jo's) then spent the rest of the late afternoon on important stuff--playing "hidden object" games, which has become my secret passion.
Picked Aline up and went to the LETCO membership meeting, joining only eight other people, all but two of whom are already on the board.  After the upcoming The Thirty Nine Steps was discussed, I was gratified when Desi announced we'd do Hedda Gabler in October, and said he had already selected the cast--including yours truly as the aunt.  He had already told me that at the party at Tonya's, but I wanted witnesses.  By the by, I was also named as a board member-at-large, fine by me.
Today, I meet the Barnegat lady to discuss the Dionne program, then will pick Aline up at the Stafford Library to--
--oh, yes, go the lunch.   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new role, Mom!
Love,
E

Mimi said...

Thank you so much, dear!

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...