Friday, February 01, 2013

Friends Again With Comcast

Took my coat back to Macy's and bought another.  Wouldn't you know, it  was almost fifty bucks more than the first, the price of which was hefty enough, even discounted.  Treated myself to lunch at the mall, just a small pasta salad, and looked in a few other stores, but--
How I hate, hate, hate the mall and malls in general.  They're cathedrals to mindless consumerism, of course, everybody knows that, but they also seem to encompass the very worst of modern day horrors.  The food court has been outfitted with at least five large televisions, high up on pillars.  It's impossible not to believe the sound system is designed to deafen patrons after it drives them mad.  Add to that the axillary noise, the hordes of frantic shoppers vying to throw their money away on items they don't need, the screaming children....  I was glad to get away with my sanity intact.
Went over to Babies 'R' Us and got a cute little set for Carl's and Diana's new arrival, then to B.J.'s for pumpernickel.
Stopped at the library on the way home, thinking Aline was probably there and she was.  We had a good talk, and firmed up plans for lunch today and for the Hedda Gabler production meeting tonight.  I called Leslie to invite her along for lunch and, if we can synchronize, she'll join us.   
Continuing my on-going battle with Comcast, I was on the phone and "on the chat" for several hours yesterday.  I think I finally got through to them that I don't want them to pick up my messages.  So am I back to normal?  No.  I followed instructions about re-recording my message greeting, but it was through Comcast and after all the strife, my phone is still not retaining my messages.
Note: Oh, happy day!  Finally, after yet another call to Comcast, my phone is getting messages.  ALL IS FORGIVEN, COMCAST!

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...