Sunday, February 17, 2013

Play And Family

Again spent virtually all day on the play.  I did go to the thrift store in town to see if I could pick up a skirt that isn't sure to trip me up and an larger apron.  Bought a skirt--not sure if it's in keeping with the era, but I had called the costume mistress, Lindsay (who's director Lou's daughter) and didn't hear back from her.  Other than that, read and memorized, memorized and read...
Son Mike and family just visited his first cousin, once removed, Craig Wilker, on the other side of London from them.  This is how it goes in big families: Mike's actual first cousin is Craig's father, Dennis, now in his sixties; Craig looks to about 35, so is closer in age to Mike. 
Anyway, Craig and his wife, Nuala, who was born in Ireland (and her last name is "Byrne," my maiden name) have four children, two biological, a boy and a girl.  Unfortunately, the girl, who's two, is handicapped with both physical and mental problems (I want to avoid the word "issues," one of the many idiotic present-day debasements of the language, it seems to me).  The two adopted children, a two-year-old girl and a five-year-old boy, are both from Ethiopia.
Anyway, Mike sent some wonderful pictures of their day and their excursion with their cousins.  Also, Stacey S., who plays the love interest in Arsenic, posted some pictures on Facebook taken during some of my scenes.  I hate seeing myself in pictures, but these aren't bad.  Think I'll repost.
Rehearsal at noon today.   

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...