Monday, February 11, 2013

Rehearsal, Ham, And A Martini

Shortly after our walk, I was pleased to get a call from Susan, who asked if I had dinner plans.  Nope.  Would I like to come over about 5:30 for a ham dinner, preceded by a martini?  You bet!
The rest of the day was all Arsenic. This is about the time when you begin to wonder why in the hell you ever thought it was a good idea to take to the stage. I went over and over my lines, with the tape recorder and otherwise.  We're doing pages 34 to 65 tonight and to me, the cues and blocking in those pages seem particularly difficult to follow. Oh, well, I know I'll get it in time not to disgrace myself.
Interspersed studying lines to wash and iron some of my costume components.  We have to take them tonight for pictures.  Decided against taking the mourning clothes in which I appear in the second act; too cumbersome, so I'll take the long green skirt and white blouse.  Along with the apron I was alloted and some brooches I have, my costumes seem appropriate. 
Got a call from Lillian of R.H.'s to say we'll have a meeting on Tuesday, then lunch on the island.  Okay by me, as that'll be a good time to hand out blurbs on Arsenic to members of the group.
Went across the street to Susan's and Walter's at 5:30 to be treated to a superb martini--Sapphire gin infused--and a terrific ham dinner.  Had good talk, too, and I stayed until 8:00.
This is Pat's birthday; he would have been 82.  I'm taking my friend, Leslie to the cemetery and we'll meet sister Betty there.    

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...