Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Recovery Day

Reading over my post of yesterday, I've decided it's silly, mean, and counter-productive to list the negatives of Arsenic.  I'll just do it on a Word document so I can be more aware if there's a next time.
Recovering from a performance is always both a letdown and a relief and yesterday was no exception.  I got a lot of the costumes sorted and put them in the guest room until I decide how--or if--to wash them.  Some have to be dry-cleaned and I'll take them today.
Walked with Susan and went to exercise.  There, I was congratulated by a number of neighbors who went to the play.  Barb H. asked if I wanted to go to the annual spaghetti dinner the Redmen (don't ask) and their Pocahontas pals throw to finance July 4 fireworks.  Naturally, I accepted.
Betty called to tell me again how much she and her friends liked the play.  Got a call from Lucille S., telling me the same from her and Nick.  I learned that a number of other Sunrise Bayers went, probably more than had attended any other play of mine.
After breakfast, I lay down on the couch and slept until 1:00 pm!  Must have been tired.  Spent much of the rest of the day washing, putting things back in order.  I was surprised and pleased to get a package from Amazon--the gift of a coffee bean grinder from my darling nephew, Dave, and his Polly. 
Walked three doors down to the H.'s and, with Susan and Walter, Leslie and Dennis, and Frank and Barbara, we went to the dinner.  Foam plates, plastic tableware, and paper tablecloths, but the food wasn't bad and the company was better.  Home by 7:00, I called Jeanne S, who just had a hip replaced, to see if she's going to audition for Our Town, coming up in September by Our Gang Players.  She might and I'll get in touch with Julie S., too, who wants to audition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is a comment, god-damn it.

Monday

Set off for the mall and Target at 10:30. I got some staples (plant milk, blueberries, grapefruit, etc.), but decided to hold off buying the...