Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Enjoyable Day

Just hung up from a Skype call from the Tokyo Twosome, which included a discussion of apricots, very big in Japan, it seems.
Had an enjoyable day yesterday.  Picked Aline up and we met Betty at Italian Gourmet at noon.  After a good lunch and talk, we parted, then A. and I went to Bam!, about the only book store left in the area.  I bought books as Easter gifts for all six kids, and we both enjoyed browsing the shelves. 
Stopped at the cemetery on the way home, then at the Little Egg library.  I returned The Patriarch, an excellent bio of Joseph P. Kennedy, and renewed The Cigarette Century.  Aline, who volunteers at the Stafford branch, has  landed a paying, part-time job there and I'm happy for her.
Went from there to the dry cleaners, where I left the black "mourning" dress I wore in the play, then to Acme, where I returned the apron I had borrowed from the meat department.
Said goodbye to Aline and got home about 5:00.  Got a call telling me our long-time, long-ago neighbor in Ewing, Stan Friedman, had died.  He was a good and decent man and is yet another of a long line of friends and neighbors I've lost.  So sorry.   

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...