Wednesday, February 13, 2013

All Play

It was practically all play, all day--not fun and games, of course, but Arsenic.  I took time out at 11:30 to attend a R.H. meeting and we discussed upcoming activities for the rest of the year.
Other than that, I just went over and over my lines with the help of my tape recorder.  Act three had been scheduled and I naturally hadn't paid a lot of attention to it earlier. 
I really dislike this piecemeal, "pages 34 to 65" kind of rehearsing.  It's difficult to grasp the full story-line and it doesn't lend itself to smooth memorizing, either. I'm anxiously awaiting a straight, full run-through and hope it comes soon.
Loaded the car with my costumes, as we had been told we'd have pictures taken last night.  Took off about 5:00 and stopped on the way at Acme, but was still early.
Got to Surflight to be told picture-taking was postponed until Thursday, as Scott, the photog, was sick.  So was Neil, one of the principals and several others had class, or were keeping another important commitment, or had been kidnapped and spirited off to Ethiopia, for all I know.  (I can hardly believe they can be so unserious about this project.) 
Director Lou said he'd take all the other parts necessary, but first, my "sister," Chris, he, and I would go over third act blocking.  We sat down and went over our moves for 45 minutes or so, while a number of people were working on the set.  We then hung around until 8, when Lou said we might as well go home.
So we never rehearsed at all last night and Lou has assigned the first part of act one for tonight. Yoicks!  This casual direction, along with the set problems and general messiness of the theatre is making me crazy.
One bright spot was getting to know a little better my opposite number, Chris R., in the long stretches of time in which we weren't doing anything.  We shared family lore and had some good talk.
When Lou said we could go, I dropped my tape recorder and--damn!--it doesn't seem to work now.  I'll try it plugged in instead of with batteries and hope it's all right. 
Okay, tonight I'll be well prepared for the first act. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greаt іnformаtion. Lucky me I found уour blog bу chance (stumbleupon).
I've saved as a favorite for later!

My homepage: Chemietoilette

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...