Monday, February 18, 2013

Play Again

Things are looking up.  Rehearsal yesterday went well, although we did only the first two (of three) acts. 
A major problem developed, though, in that the set includes stairs (with landing) that I go up and down several times.  Of course, it's supposed to lead to the second story of the house, but ends on a small platform.  At one point, Abby and I come down dressed in mourning clothes, and this is in the middle of the play. To get down from that area backstage and reach the dressing room necessitates a very high step rigged for the play in a very narrow space.  We more or less decided I'd have to dress on the platform, but the outfit is extremely complicated, with six pieces that have to be put on, zipped, tied, and arranged.  I can't possibly do all that myself, so Lindsay, the wardrobe person, has to be up there to help me.  There's barely enough room for one, let alone two, so--aagh!
Other than that, it was good.  Now I have to be very, very sure not to get complacent, a real danger when a rehearsal finally comes together. In a weird way, you could equate it with dieting:  "Wow, after all those months and all that depriving myself of goodies, I've finally reached my goal weight.  Now it's done and I can turn my attention to other things." 
A few months later, you look at your old tubby self in the mirror with dismay.  Wha' hoppened?! 

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...