Friday, July 01, 2011

Larry and I went to the Sawtooth Mall, or Sawmills Center, or whatever it is, while Helen attended to errands. This is a huge discount shopping area; lots of stores and people around. Larry bought a new watch and we inspected televisions and other electronics. Had lunch at the food court--sushi for me--and ambled about. On the way home, we went through a ferocious thunderstorm, while I called both darling daughters to catch up on what's going on with them.
Helen made another yummy dinner--this time, rosemary chicken (heh, heh), Brussels sprouts, and baked potatoes, followed by vanilla ice cream. We then spent a quiet, companionable evening. I went to bed early, and got up at 6:00. I've been following such a decadent lifestyle (and don't I love it!), staying up late and sleeping in--once to 8:00 am!!--but my plane leaves at 7:50 tomorrow and I have to get up about 5:00. Poor Larry does, too, to get me to the airport.
I have to say goodbye to Helen today. She's going up to Jacksonville for a birthday party for two of her great-grands. I'll be sorry about that, but know her family is her life, and she's the heart of it. This is the last full day of my two weeks in Florida and what a great time I've had. Lucky me; like Helen, I have an immediate family par excellence, but my birth family is the greatest, too.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...