Monday, July 25, 2011

We actually got back from Wellsboro yesterday, not today. Had a good time, with lots of heat, food, and little boys. The kids played in the small pool in the backyard while adults moved from yard to porch to cool inside. A Spiderman cake was candled, "Happy Birthday" sung, and presents distributed. Fun day.
Renting a house, rather than going to a motel, was a great idea. The place--not fancy, but perfectly fine--was spotless and included all kinds of amenities, as well as very comfortable beds, and remarkably, an incredible array of food. It was stocked with canned goods, frozen food, juice, crackers, coffee, among lots of other edibles, as well as three small bottles of wine and "emergency" shampoo and other toiletries. Had a big sun porch and deck on the back and was set in what must be an acre of ground, with trees, bushes, and other foliage here and there. Best of all, there were two gliders--one of the front porch and one on the sun porch. We enjoyed that a lot during the time we weren't with the kiddies.
Long trip (five hours, plus another hours back to my house), but the SUV is comfortable and my puzzle books made it go quickly.
'Twas a nice interlude and now I'm back to everyday life. Looking forward to a repeat trip when we go up in August.
Skyped Ellen and had a nice talk and look-see. She's painting her downstairs bathroom and showed me the new rugs she bought--very attractive in sea foam green.
NOTE: The following is from John Caruso's political blog, which I read regularly. I was puzzled when I saw that this entry is off-topic, but when I read it, wanted to pass it on. It's interesting--and could be important--regarding what helped at least one person (John's father) with with Alzheimer's disease.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...