Friday, July 22, 2011

Planning to take some up north, I made a big salad in the morning; had some for lunch. Was so pleased with my purchases of two pairs of capris the other day, I went back to Manahawkin and bought two more. I now have them in black, white, grey, and a flower pattern of--well, black, white, and grey.
Spent time on the computer and recited lines from Night Must Fall, which we're doing in February. Yes, as soon as the production schedule (oh, that sounds so theatrical!) is announced, I try to get the script if there's a part appropriate for me. Of course, I'm much rather be in Moon, but fat chance, so I'll try for the Mrs. Bramson part in Night. It's a psychological thriller that may or may not go over with our audiences. Mrs. B. is a mean, cranky, self-centered old lady--type-casting again!
Talked to Lee S. and Virginia H., fellow members of The Breeze editorial staff. There's a tiresome feud going on, involving another member, who has put the "tiresome" in the feud and generally manages to throw her weight around (and it's a lotta weight) to get her way. I sent an e-mail commenting to the group; we'll see what happens.
I've decided to write something on the Dionne Quintuplets for the next issue, so hauled my memorabilia about them out of the garage. Good grief, I didn't even realize how much I have--three large boxes and one smaller one, which contain books, postcards, newsletter, banners, pictures, and myriad other things. Must whittle it all down to do a reasonably contained article. It occurred to me that I might eventually approach the library to see if I can do a presentation there. I did it several years ago for our women's club and it was well-received. Article first, then we'll see.
Ran the dishwasher, finished packing, and soon will be off to Wellsboro! (Probably no entries until I get back on Monday.)

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...