Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Not much went on yesterday, so thought I'd add something about my New York adventure: I got to talking with the cabby who took me to the Trump Plaza and discovered he's an English lit student from Bangledesh. All across town, we had a lively discussion about Shakesspeare, Christopher Marlowe, Hemingway, and others. In fact, he drove right past my destination while expounding on Walt Whitman, one of his favorites. Took him ten minutes to circle around again, but I didn't mind. I was so charmed by his "passionite intensity" (Yeats, whom he didn't mention), I would have stayed in his cab for the afternoon.
Went to auditions last night. Was glad to see Jeff and Ron, two key players in Our Town there. Read for the part of the nutty grandmother, but got the strong impression it has already been cast. Desi said not, but I know my friend, Ellen V., played it before and he alluded to that. We'll see.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...