Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Finally galvanized myself to pull weeds. Did the front flower bed and administered poison to the stuff growing in the driveway and sidewalk cracks. Hot? Oh, yeah.
Went to Shop-Rite and got a rotisserie chicken. Stopped at the library. I'm now working on three books: Final Jeopardy (about "Watson," the machine that bested the top players), I Is For Innocent (I seldom read fiction, but this isn't bad), and a bio--mediocre--of Hedy Lamarr.
Called sister-in-law Regina and we made a date for lunch for next Wednesday. Got a call from Ken G., of the Northfield theatre company--I think it's called "In House Players"--and, it seems, there may be some interest in the murder mystery at the Seaport, after all. Gave him Brooke's number and he can take it from there.
Received Allstate's new homeowners policy, which includes a annual hike of $122,22. I called, of course, to complain and got a bland explanation with all kinds of crap that comes down to: "We wanted to increase our profits, so suck it up, jerk." Will raise my deductible to $1000 and at least only pay $63 more.
Other than that minor stuff, still slow around here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mom! Please let me know how you liked the book "Final Jeopardy." I was really interested in those "Watson" episodes. Thanks, E

Mimi said...

I liked "Final Jeopardy" a lot and would recommend it. Also saw the sessions on YouTube; I hadn't watched them at the time. If you request the book and get it, let me know what you think.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...