Monday, July 18, 2011

Got home from up north about 10:30 and had my usual breakfast. Drove to Manahawkin and tried on a lot of clothes, but settled for just two capris (or pedal pushers or whatever they're called nowadays), one black and one white. Got a frame and mat from Michael's for the original sketch I bought in Atlantic Highlands.
Decided at the last minute to attend the ice cream social at the clubhouse and walked down about 7:00. Sat with Susan, Walter, and Mary Ann, plus two women I hadn't met before, Marla and Gwen. They live together on Nautic and I have the idea they're ex-nuns, although I may be mistaken.
The Social was fun. Had two bowls of ice cream, along with a glass of Chardonnay that Walter had brought. Talked to a lot of people I hadn't seen in a while and enjoyed the evening. I didn't buy my ticket ahead, so hadn't paid my seven bucks; must remember to give Susan it when I meet her for our walk.
Enjoyed our Sunday night Skype call with Ellen--P. and N. had called earlier, happy over Japan's soccer win over the U.S.
Got an e-mail from Desi announcing the cast of Moon. The part for which I auditioned, Ethel, he wrote, 'depends on schedules," whatever the hell that means. Oh, don't tell me, let me guess: It means he'll cast Ellen V. in the part as soon as she returns from her trip.
Desi also wrote that nobody has come forward to head up the murder mystery thing. I also heard from Dodie to the effect that her Northfield group doesn't want to take it on, either. Well, it's not my problem; I'll call Brooke today to tell her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read in Parade magazine that Sunday was "National Ice Cream Day," as proclaimed by Ronald Reagan in 1984. I wonder if the organizers were aware of that when they planned it. If not, it's quite a coincidence, no? Oh, and wine with ice cream? Gross!
-E.

Mimi said...

I'll have to ask Susan, who was one of the chairs, if there was a tie-in to National Ice Cream Day. Actually, I didn't have the wine and ice cream together; wine first. later i.c., both good.
Mum

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...