Thursday, July 21, 2011

I'd been a little low the last few days--I want to say "in a slough of despond," but it wasn't that bad--but yesterday, I bounced back. After my usual walk with Susan, I skipped the three-mile exercise and called sister Betty, to see if she could meet for lunch. She was at Shop-Rite in Mays Landing, so we decided on good ol' Shore Diner. Met at noon and I had a good Greek salad; ate half and boxed the other, and a Blue Moon. We had a nice chat and after we parted, I zipped up to Bob's and bought two ornamental peppers, one purple and one yellow and red. An indulgence, yes, but they were very inexpensive and they're so attractive. I then stopped at Canal's for a few bottles of cheap wine* and at S & M (I kid you not) for broccoli and cauliflower. Cemetery was on the way home, so I gave the azaleas--which seem to be doing well; they must like the heat--several jugs of water each. I noticed potted flowers on two nearby graves, so watered them, too.
Back at home, I planted my pepper plants, then jumped in the shower. Played a few rounds of "Word Slinger," and decided to go to the library to pick up another CD (I listen to Books On Tape in the car). By this time, it was a bit after 6:00 and I noticed chairs set up in the upper part. Asked what was going on, was told the Angeltones were singing and I decided to stay.
What a terrific show! The Angeltones quartet consists of four women, I'd say in their thirties, who sing "Doo Wop." They sang all the old standards from the sixties: "Stop! In The Name Of Love," "Destination Nowhere," "My Boyfriend," and lots of others. They were so-o-o good and it was such an unexpected treat--the best kind, I'd say. I had sat down early in the front, so it wasn't until I got up that I noticed that several friends were there. They all enjoyed it immensely and we were told the Angeltones will appear at the Seaport on Friday. If I wasn't going up to Wellsboro, I'd definitely go. Will tell Susan about them and see if we might possibly book them for a show at the Clubhouse.
Anyway, I had a great day. Am now looking forward to going up north--way up--tomorrow, to Wellsboro and Middlibury Center.
*On the cruise boat, I noticed a fifteen dollar decanting fee. Good grief, I don't even spend fifteen dollars on the wine!

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...