Saturday, July 30, 2011

Walked with Susan, but then forgot about exercise at the clubhouse. I had every intention of going, but just--forgot! Gosh, I must be losing it.
Galvanized myself to clean the far side of the kitchen. Took everything off the baker's rack in one corner and the triangular shelf-thing (that's what it's called, "the shelf thing") in the other, and washed or dusted the items. Re potted two of the plants I keep there. Put everything back and it looks good.
Just lazed around most of the rest of the day, until the high point: a Skype call from Mike and family in London. The big seven-year-old, who's more beautiful than ever, showed me her Rapunzel doll--long blonde hair that grows--and little sister her baby doll with pink dress. Said hello to Paula, then Mike showed me around the house with the web cam. Geez, it's big--seven bedrooms, seven baths, a three car garage, and all kinds of other amenities on several floors. Reminds me of my childhood home on Rosborough Avenue in Ventnor, but larger. It's right across the street from a park for which Prince Phillip is responsible, or is the patron, or something. Anyway, it was wonderful to see the ones in GB.
Incredibly hot and humid yesterday, but of course, the AC prevented me from even noticing until I actually went out. Did so about 4:00. Put some peat moss in a bucket and drove over to the cemetery. Was delighted to see the Mexican heather now looks perky. Watered thoroughly, then put the peat moss around. Looks good.
Home, I had a message from Frank, who's producer (read: does everything) for Moon Over Buffalo. Called him back and will meet with him tomorrow to go over publicity and so on.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...