Friday, July 15, 2011

My little dinner party was a great success. The K.'s came first, bearing a nice bottle of wine and a beautiful orchid plant. (Hope I can keep it alive for at least a few weeks.) Susan and Walter followed and I introduced them all to vodka and bitter lemon--they loved it! For appetizers, I served cut-up carrot and celery sticks, along with old fashioned onion dip, plus salty veggie sticks. We sat and talked for almost an hour, then had dinner.
Hey, it was darn good if I say it myself and everybody had seconds, even slender Susan. She had wine, Roman, Walter and I Blue Moon beer with an orange slice in it, and Judy stuck with the vodka and bitter lemon. They raved about the meal and the blueberry buckle made a big hit. We then sat and talked and talked until after 9:00when they finally left. Nice, nice evening.
During our dinner, Mike called from the airport, on his way back to London. I always miss him so much, but at least he's marginally closer than he was--England, as opposed to Singapore, although that's no hop, skip, and jump away, either.
Earlier, I spoke to Dodie, the woman who has the Northfield group that puts on murder mysteries. She's very much interested in the Seaport thing and, since Barbara H. declined to head it up, would like to be told more. She said her "producer" (!) would call me today.
Got a response to my e-mail to Dave S., asking if he's the son of Maureen Walsh, HSHS '53, which Mookie had wondered, and he is, indeed. Small world.
Think I'll invite Mary Ann Van O. over for dinner tonight, as I have yummy leftovers.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...