Thursday, July 14, 2011

Spent virtually the whole day preparing for my guests; am having the G.s and the K.s for dinner tonight. I'm going with the same menu I had for Betty, Helen, and Mookie on Saturday: sweet and sour meatballs, macaroni salad, green salad, crusty bread, assorted sides, and blueberry buckle with fresh whipped cream. I want to introduce them to vodka and bitter lemon, a great summer drink. Zipped down to Shop-Rite to pick up ingredients; will make most of dinner today.
Barbara H. called me about the murder mystery thing. I e-mailed her the information about it and she's considering it. Think I'll tell her I'll help. Might as well, especially because I'm convinced I don't have a prayer of getting the part in Moon.
Talked to Betty. Will go with the north Jerseyan to the one-minute film thing in Atlantic Highlands on Saturday, for which she supplied some of the films. We'll both stay over at the n.J.'s, then Betty will go back for some kind of party or other. Heard from her that Dave S., who was in my "If Guys Were Gals" one-acter on Saturday, may be the son of a '53 HSHS grad named Maureen Walsh. Will ask him.
WIDER: Department of Beyond Belief:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/14/world/asia/14identity.html
If anybody dares to ever again tell me the American military is "fighting for our freedoms" or "defending our liberty" or whatever else bullshit they're happy to sling, I'll just refer them here. Involuntarily having "biometrics" recorded before someone's been accused of anything, let alone found guilty--hey, get used to it. It's coming to your neighborhood, too.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...