Thursday, June 30, 2011

Went shopping with Helen in the AM. We got gifts for her granddaughter, Alycia, whose birthday party was scheduled for last evening. In the afternoon, Larry and I went into town (Helen wanted to stay home to prepare for the party) and rode the people-mover, which I've been dying to do.
Hmm...I didn't realize it was so damn high! Or that there's no conductor! Or that I'd keep imagining it going off the tracks and plunging down...down...down! Even so, I enjoyed it--just didn't look out the windows a lot.
We got off and strolled along the waterfront, which I always like to do. As in practically every river, harbor, ocean, or other waterfront area, whether in Florida, Jersey, Singapore, and, for all I know, upper Japip, there are lots of stores, restaurants, and bars. I always find it so festive.
Got home in time to shower and dress for the birthday party, which was at my niece, Elaine's, Alycia's mother. As ever, it was fun to be with the lively Byrne crowd and the food was delish. Ate, talked, and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. I always feel so welcome when I'm with Larry's family. Lots of generations there, including my nieces and nephews, great nieces and nephews, and great-GREATs. (Yoicks, that should make me feel old, but it doesn't.) Later, Elaine and I took the dog, Fritz, along with little Mia and Kayla, for a walk. Got back about 9:30, went to bed and slept like a log.
Received an e-mail from Leslie, inviting me to Scrabble on the 16th; was glad to respond in the affirmative. Got several voice mail messages--somehow, I miss a lot of calls on the cell. Will get back to darling daughter, Ellen, but wait until it's later on the left coast.
We just went out to the Stadium Diner for breakfast. With scrambled eggs, I had grits, which I can't get in Little Egg. Since they're entirely tasteless, I figure I just like the butter and salt and pepper I put on them.
Not sure what'll go on today, but there's always the pool out back and just chillin' out.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...