Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Got to Kohl's and finally, bought myself a new pair of sneakers. Oh, I forgot, they're called "walking shoes" or something now. Also picked up a drip hose for the back--now I just need something for it to drip on--MUST get tomatoes soon.
Put two big chicken parts in the crock pot and added lemon juice, parsley, Italian seasoning, and garlic. They came out deliciously tender; had some for dinner.
Led Betty to the Parkway for her orientation in Toms River. She called later to tell me about it, then later still to convey some terrible news. A woman, first unidentified, had jumped from the Tropicana parking garage to take her own life. Betty told me it was the daughter of a mutual friend of ours. What a hard, hard thing for her mother to bear.
Frank and George came over at 7:00 and we rehearsed the skit. They get better every time they go over it, although I wouldn't call either "naturals." Bruce B. decided against taking George's part on the ninth, so I'm back to square one on that.
Must concentrate today on getting the seven gifts I need for summer birthdays, etc. Guess I'll go over to Hamilton Mall today. Pat L. and Betty coming for lunch tomorrow, so must get some stuff for that.

5 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Do you use lemon juice concentrate....if so, how much, and do you dilute it? Once I used straight lemon juice concentrate and it hardened on the bottom of the crock pot. I love lemon flavor so would like to know how to do it right.

Mimi said...

Pat, I don't buy lemon juice concentrate--or in a bottle, either. I used a fresh lemon and just squeezed it with the other seasonings. Forgot to mention that for the liquid, I used vegetable stock, which I had in the freezer. When I cook veggies, I freeze the water I cooked them in; it's full of vitamins and minerals.

iloveac said...

Merci beaucoup.

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Was it the daughter of Mary H or her niece? I think Madge graduated 2 years after me. So terribly sad. Isabel (Mary H's mother and my mother were best of friends.

Mimi said...

It was Mary's niece, Madge's daughter. The obit is in the A.C. Press today, if you want to read on line. Yes, it's a terrible thing. Brings back very painful memories, as you can imagine.

Monday

Set off for the mall and Target at 10:30. I got some staples (plant milk, blueberries, grapefruit, etc.), but decided to hold off buying the...