Friday, June 03, 2011

(In a comment, I was asked about the picture of my father: I cropped it from the wedding picture of my Uncle Edmond, when he married Aunt Frances in June, 1941. See complete picture below.)
Oh, I can't believe this! I wrote a full entry about yesterday, pressed "publish post" and all but the sentence above has disappeared! Damn!
Well, I'll try to duplicate:
Got to Suzanne M.'s in Mt. Laurel about 12:30 to find Betty, Muckie, Helen C., and Alice E. just arrived. We sat on the warm and sunny patio and I was immediately served with a vodka and tonic. Hadn't had one in years and I hardly ever drink hard liquor, but boy, was that yummy.
Suzanne served a simple, but elegant, lunch of salad nicoise (yes, that's the way you spell it; I looked it up) and crusty peasant bread. She surprised Helen with a birthday pie--we had brought cards--and we all sang happy birthday. A very pleasant day.
Got home about 5:00 and was delighted to hear back from Jeff G. that he'd take George's part in the skit on July 9; sent him the script. Still mulling over whether to accept heading up the murder mystery thing in October. Drafted a message to the executive committee to the effect that I will, but will relinquish my publicity chair duties--will not do both.
Found more pictures to duplicate for the project I'm doing. I must stop this, otherwise, I'll never finish. Will try to get to Staples this morning.
Substituting for Leslie at the Food Pantry this afternoon; will work with Frank and Barbara.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...