Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yesterday was a fairly quiet, settling-in-after-the-cruise one. Slept until the unheard-of hour of eight, did lots of wash, went with Larry to the supermarket, read some, and even took a nap. E-mailed P. and called Joelley for their joint birthdays--43 years apart in age, though.
Helen made a delicious beef vegetable soup and with crusty garlic bread, we had that for dinner. She doesn't realize what a terrific cook she is!
After dinner, we went to Hollywood, a lovely seaside town, and first sat and listened to an Irish group singing and playing Irish songs at the outdoor stage--so enjoyable! Larry and I then strolled the "boardwalk" (actually a brick walk) next to the beach down a half mile or so--lots of stores, restaurants, and bars there. Got home about 9:30 to have our nightly ice cream...
Yes, I've gained, I know that; the only question is how much. Just am not attempting to limit calories until I get home when I'll assess the damage and get back on the straight and narrow. For now--Florida fun and damn the damage!
WIDER: Arthur Silber believes that our political leaders are monsters and that everything they say are lies, but Silber's a crackpot, isn't he? Here's a quote from the Dear Leader's recent speech:
"We’re a nation that brings our enemies to justice while adhering to the rule of law...." Then I think he added, "'Course we don't extend the rule of law to anybody we don't like, like Bin Laden, so we just assassinate as we please and hey, by the way, I can have anybody killed anywhere, anytime, any way."
Hmm, maybe he didn't actually say the last. Didn't have to.

No comments:

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...