Wednesday, June 08, 2011

What with one thing and another, it was a kind of frustrating day. Drove over to Hamilton Mall to get the multitude of presents and cards I need before I leave for Florida. Occasions include P. and N.'s birthdays (Tokyo) on June 28 and 20 respectively, V. and V.'s birthdays (Singapore) on July 10 and 29, J.'s on June 28 (Wellsboro), and T.'s on August 2. I also wanted to get three Father's Day cards for son, grandson, and son-in-law. Got most of the presents and all but one card, but started to feel harassed and irritated, which happens if I delay lunch, which I did. Stopped at Santori's to get lunch meat, feta, and veggies, as I was expecting Pat L. and Betty for lunch today, but Betty had to bow out, as she has a meeting for work.
Must stop at the Seaport today to discuss the murder mystery thing. I'm going to tell her I need more time to see if I can line people up to work on it (and be in it); otherwise I'm not going to take it on.
Talked to Barbara H.--we're going on a van tour tomorrow--and arranged to pick her and her sister up, then stop for a friend in Manahawkin. Finished up an article for the July issue of The Breeze, the only one I contributed for that issue. It's one of my "Notes From A Vanished World" series and is called "Pets Of The Past, Part I." It's pretty good, I think, and very short.
A high point: Dave S., with whom I performed in Our Town, has agreed to sub for George in the July 9 If Guys Were Gals. He'll come over to rehearse next week, along with Frank. Whew! We're getting down to the wire here, so I'm relieved that Dave accepted.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...