Thursday, June 16, 2011

Was pleased to get a Skype call from P. and N. P. said he had attended a reception for foreign exchange students, mostly from China and Malaysia, at the college where he teaches.
Skipped the three-mile exercise; just couldn't face it. Ran errands in Manahawkin in the morning. Got a call from Fred asking where to take the wheelchair I had picked up for Marge when she broke her cocyxx. Told him I'd pick up and return and I did.
Dave and Frank came at 2:30 and we rehearsed. At the first run-through, I was worried: Dave was simply reading his lines, with no emphasis. However, we did it several times and he got much better. I think he'll be fine in the part. While the guys were here, a visitor from up north came to bring suitcases for me to borrow--I selected the medeum large--and also brought me salad, as they're going up to Wellsboro this weekend. Dave will come over this afternoon again to rehearse--Frank is unavailable, but I'll read his lines.
Finally started assembling stuff for my trip. As usual, I'll probably over-pack; don't know how people can "travel light." I travel crushingly heavy.
Got a call from brother Larry. He and Helen are coming to Pennsylvania a few days after my visit. Helen's brother-in-law has to get a hip replaced (for the second time) and her sister has dementia, so can't be alone. They'll come down after and stay part of the time with me and part with sister Betty. I called her and we had a nice chat.
I had picked up some shrimp at Pathmark in the morning and for dinner I sauted them with mushrooms, onions, and sweet peppers in a little oil. Delish!

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...