Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fun excursion to the lavender farm. Barb H., Susan, Kathy D., and I went and we stopped first at Delicious Orchards, a truly breathtaking market in Colts Neck. Susan has mentioned this, as she often goes there when she's heading north. The place has an incredible abundance of produce, meats and cheeses, and flowers, as well as practically everything else under the sun. Also offers lots of samples; I had various salad dressings, scooped up with either small hunks of bread or--something I liked--slices of zucchini. Sampled several of their cheeses, salsa, and the coffee of the day, "Bavarian Cream," too. All were yummy and I bought two avocados.
The lavender farm was nice, although not extensive. There's a huge house on the property (it's a private "farm") and the woman who owns it was very nice. She had a few things for sale--bath oil, sachets, and so on--all made with lavender. She also offered lavender lemonade and lavender cookies. They were good and I was pleased when she gave each of us a little packet of edible lavender, along with the recipe for the cookies. We all bought lavender plants, too, and I'll plant mine on the side in the front.
We went into Freehold for lunch and that was so good. Ate outside at a bistro, just crowded enough to be festive, and I had a truffle cheese and apple-smoked bacon sandwich, that came with a tomato lobster bisque "for dipping," along with a frosty Blue Moon. Oh, so-o-o damn good and no more than ten thousand calories, I bet.
Frank and George came over to rehearse at 6:30. They'll meet while I'm gone, too. I gave Frank one of the lavender cookie packets for Barbara. This afternoon, Dave is coming to rehearse for the first time with Frank. Hope it goes well and that Dave is okay in the part.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day. But beware the lavendar plant--mine is four feet across and soon must be stopped! :)
E.

Mimi said...

El, I never thought of that. I planted mine on the side of the front walk; will have to keep an eye on it and trim as needed.

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...