Monday, June 06, 2011

Great party yesterday. Walter was well surprised, the buffet was delicious, the D.J. funny, and the company congenial. The booze flowed freely, too. I went with Judy K., danced with her husband, Roman, chatted with old friends, and met some new people. I even won the table prize, a quartet of colorful balloons. All in all, a fun day.
It was fun when I got home, too, as Betty had arrived. We talked and talked, then drove down to Manahawkin, then stopped for ice cream--well, the day was a calorie stampede, anyway--then went home to talk and talk. Got a Skype call from west coast daughter, Ellen, and talked and talked with her, too.
Am meeting with Frank and George this evening to rehearse If Guys Were Gals. I'm hoping Bruce B. will sub for George on July 9; e-mailed him the script and should hear today. Also, today is when I told Brooke at the Seaport whether we'd do the October 29 mystery dinner theatre or not. Will stall for time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, you've decided to change the name of that play.

Mimi said...

Oh, wait--just reread what I wrote and it looks as if I had to tell Brooke about the July 9 one-act plays, but no--it's about the mystery theatre dinner show, tentatively on October 29. Well, so glad you're alert, Anon--will change sentence.

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...