Monday, June 13, 2011

A melancholy day. Met Betty at the cemetery, as it was Jay's birthday; he would have been 37. After we talked about him and shed a few tears, we walked over to Pat's grave. I was pleased to see the hens and chickens are doing well, but must get over there to weed. I used to go to the cemetery two or three times a week, although it's a fifty-mile round trip. I don't go nearly as often now--maybe that's a kind of "moving away" from the event--not sure.
We then went to Shore Diner and met Muckie there for lunch. I had a delectable rare hamburger and a Blue Moon. So damn good, and it lifted my spirits considerably.
Said goodbye to Betty and Muckie and went down the road to Bob's for mulch. Bought only three bags--I have the idea more would weigh the car down--and finally found out the name of the bush I want to put in front (to replace the hideous round one that's there now). It's called "dappled willow" and I want one.
Got wrapping paper for P. and N.'s gift (joint, as their birthdays are only six days apart) and will mail today.
Enjoyed my Sunday night call from darling daughter, Ellen, who's finishing up school this week. Also got a call from George, saying he's unable to come to rehearsal tonight. I hope he and Frank get serious about learning their lines, but hey--I won't be here to direct, so they're on their own.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...