Saturday, June 18, 2011

Well, I did call Betty back and we did meet for breakfast. She was seeing clients (for hospice) at Seashore Gardens on Jimmie Leeds Road, so we met near there. Had an enjoyable morning meal and chat, then went home to complete packing.
Spent the first part of the day on trip things. I have list after list to remind myself what to take, who to call, things to arrange. Got my hair cut at 2:30 and it looks good. I then dressed for dinner, as Susan had invited me to go with her and Walter, their house guest, Avis, and Judy and Roman.
We went to Michael's On The Bay in Barnegat and had a great time. The food was good, but the service inexpert. However, with two help of bottles of wine and a convivial group, we had a great time. Judy and Roman go here often and the guy who owns it bantered back and forth with them, then came outside while we took pictures. He told us he used to be backup singer for Elvis Presley, and he even crooned a few lines, sounding exactly like Elvis. (But who doesn't? Elvis impersonators are a dime a dozen; I'm going to look up his story as soon as I finish this.)
Went back to Susan's after dinner to have ice cream and cake in celebration of Walter's birthday. After that and good talk, I said goodbye and walked home across the street. Didn't turn out the light until after 11:00, but I guess I can sleep on the plane.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...