Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Larry had a meeting downtown (he's on the board of a credit union), and he dropped me off to explore. Walked the half mile or so to the Biscayne Bay waterfront; loved being at the beautiful harbor, with boats plying the waters, kids on skateboards, and people strolling around. Went to the county courthouse, built in 1926, took some illicit photos (my policy is to do it first and ask questions later) and generally enjoyed myself until Larry finished up his meeting. He took me the long way home to see some sights, including Miami Beach, then we had lunch at home.
Went in the pool--heavenly--then had another terrific dinner, courtesy of Helen. After, we drove to Fort Lauderdale to stroll the river walk--scenic and interesting. Stopped to get ice cream--so good--which I enjoyed after my wine and chips. Am I gaining weight? Yep, and the cruise starts tomorrow. Do I care? A little, but not much.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...