Saturday, January 22, 2011

Well, all is well with Vanguard and BOA after a web cam call from son Mike helped straighten everything out. The transferred funds should be in my account on Tuesday.
Met sister Betty and high school friends, Mary H. and Janie M., for lunch at Shore Diner; we then repaired to the movie theatre to see The Fighter. I'm not a fan of boxing pictures--or boxing anything--but I liked this one a lot. It was "based on a true story"--I'm not sure how tightly or loosely--about a big, tough, argumentative Irish family in Lowell, Mass, and features their two boxer sons. My companions enjoyed it, too, notwithstanding that it's enlarged with the F-word and variations thereof.
It was a nice way to spend a bitterly cold, very windy day. Stopped at Produce Junction for lettuce, tomatoes, and cauliflower, and didn't get home until 5:00. Was pleased to get web cam call from both sons soon after I got in, and chatted with adorable little Violet, too.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...